Top 10 Benefits Of Fitness Exercises
Fitness exercises — do we really need them? Everywhere you look, people are telling you that you need to get more exercise — your doctor, magazines, even Oprah and Jillian Michaels. Sure, it might help you lose weight, but doesn’t diet play a bigger role? And what if you’re already slim? Why should you have to exercise?
There are a number of reasons that you should get in the recommended 30 minutes of exercise a day. Here are the top ten reasons to exercise.
1. Weight loss and maintenance. Everyone knows that you can lose weight by doing exercise, but it can also help you maintain your slim figure. Exercise doesn’t have to be something strenuous. Even a simple walk can help burn a few extra calories.
2. Muscle gain. As you exercise, your muscles will start to get bigger and stronger. This is a good thing because muscle helps to burn calories. When you have more muscles, your metabolism is higher.
3. More energy. While it may seem counterintuitive, the more you exercise, the more energy you’ll have. The first few days might be rough, but after you find your groove, you’ll be surprised by how energetic you are.
4. Improved health. Fitness exercises can also just generally improve your health. Besides helping with weight issues, people that exercise are also more likely to have lower cholesterol and fewer heart problems.
5. Better sleep. The more you exercise, the better you sleep. You’ll no longer have problems falling asleep at night or tossing and turning throughout the night. You’ll sleep more deeply and wake up feeling refreshed.
6. Increased fitness. As you exercise, your cardiovascular fitness improves. You’ll see that you’re able to exercise for longer periods of time or at a more difficult pace.
7. Burn more calories. Exercising itself burns calories, but your body continues to burn more calories even after you’ve finished your fitness exercises. This helps you to lose weight, or allows you to indulge in special treats now and then.
8. Better body image. People who exercise tend to focus more on how their body feels rather than how their body looks. This causes an improvement in body image, as you become stronger. Losing weight and toning up can also add to improved self image.
9. Extended life span. Studies have shown that people that exercise tend to live longer lives. This alone should be enough to get you moving.
10. Increased bone density. As we get older, bone density decreases, making it more likely to break a bone. Exercise, however, increases bone density, building strong bones that last your life.
As you can see, there are many reasons to take up exercising, but the best reason to exercise is something that you have to come up with yourself. Every individual has personal reasons and goals for exercising and creating these yourself will help you stick to your planned fitness exercises.
Discover the 5 big truths of permanent fat loss with the Fat Burning Furnace program. Rob and Kalen Poulos reveal how to get lean, strong and healthy for life.