Stop Kid Obesity
With kid obesity on the increase, parents are increasingly under pressure to make sure that their children stay fit. It sure can be hard in this day and age. In many families, both parents are working, and when you add that to housework and other activities, there doesn’t seem to be much time left for exercise. Still, it’s important to try to stop kid obesity in your kids for the sake of their future health and happiness. And it’s probably more simple than you think.
Here are some tips for raising active children:
1. Be active yourself. While it may be hard for you, children often follow in their parents’ footsteps. If you want active children, then you should be an active adult. Even if your children are starting to grow up, it’s still a good idea to start an exercise program to show your children the best way to live.
2. Make exercise a family affair. Don’t encourage your child to exercise while you sit on the couch. Take a walk together after dinner. Plan weekend activities that are active, such as hiking. Even playing the Wii can be a good way to exercise together.
3. Encourage active extracurriculars. If your child is interested in a sport, then you’ll have no problem raising an active child. Be sure to sign her up for whatever sport she’s interested in. Other children don’t really care much for sports, but that doesn’t mean that their after school activities should be sedentary. For example, your child may be interested in a dance class, or in the scouting program, which often holds active excursions.
4. Create a home gym. Your child may feel more comfortable if he can workout at home. Purchase an exercise machine and weights or an exercise video that he can follow along with. Be sure that it is something that interests him so that he’s more likely to stick to the program.
5. Limit television time. It’s easy to get sucked into television show after television show. Because of this, it’s a good idea to set time limits for TV watching. If they can’t watch TV, they’ll have to find something else to do.
Raising active children doesn’t have to be a big challenge. Children respond to the environment in which they are raised. If they are in an active environment, they’ll be active. This is the simplest way to prevent kid obesity.
Cut down 3lbs of your belly by using this 1 weird old tip.