How To Lose Weight Quickly
Many people wonder how to lose weight quickly because they have a big event coming up and they want to look their best. While it is possible to shed a few pounds and look slimmer, it’s important to note that this type of weight loss is not usually sustainable long-term.
Many people may be tempted to try crash diets, such as the Cabbage Soup Diet or a juice fast. This will cause you to lose weight, but they focus on extreme calorie reduction. Following this type of plan is not good for your metabolism. Besides, you’ll be so hungry most of the time that you won’t be a very fun person to be around.
Still, there are a few ways that you can lose weight quickly. Start with some of these suggestions:
1. Set a realistic plan. If you weigh 200 pounds, don’t expect to be able to fit into a size 8 at the end of 2 weeks. You’re better off sticking with a goal like 5-10 pounds, which is attainable.
2. Don’t eat out at all for those 2 weeks. When you eat out, you are not the person that controls what goes into your foods. Things that seem healthy may be prepared with unhealthy ingredients. When you eat at home, you can decide what goes into your foods.
3. Eliminate sugar and processed foods. If you want to drop weight in 2 weeks, getting rid of these foods can help. Some studies have reported that when you eat foods that are processed, you are more likely to become hungry more quickly.
4. Stock up on fresh and frozen veggies. Make them a major part of each meal. Vegetables are often low in calories and high in fiber and other nutrients, which can help you to stay full.
5. Keep a food diary and write down everything that you eat. Try to eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. To make it easier, split this up so that you are eating relatively equal amounts throughout the day.
6. Get moving. If you really want to lose weight in 10 days, beef up your exercise program. Exercise a bit longer or increase the intensity to burn more calories.
7. Drink lots of water. Ironically, when you aren’t drinking enough water, your body tends to hold on to this. It’s known as “water weight”. If your body is doing this, you may be able to drop extra pounds by increasing your water intake.
Following these steps should help you to lose some weight before your big event. If you really want to look your best though, think about purchasing an outfit that flatters your figure as it is right now. Ill-fitting clothes make you look bad and affect your image of yourself. Knowing how to lose weight quickly may not be as important as appearing in the right clothes!