How To Lose 10 Pounds Fast
Want to know how to lose 10 pounds fast? You are in the right place. If you’re the type of person that’s been caught in a cycle of gaining and losing weight, you may be going about things all wrong. One of the most common ways for people to lose weight is to go on a “diet”. People suddenly try to change all of their bad habits. For most, the change is too drastic and the call of their old lifestyle becomes too strong, leading to failure yet again.
The key to losing weight fast and keeping it off is to take things one step at a time. When you change just one small thing into a healthier habit, you find that you don’t feel so deprived, so you are more likely to stick with it.
Here are 6 small steps that you can take right now to help you in your goal of how to lose 10 pounds fast:
1. Look at your beverage choices. If you drink nothing but sugary sodas, coffee, and energy drinks, you may want to take a look at how many calories you’re consuming. These drinks have virtually no nutrition and “cost” you many calories. If you’re not ready to completely give up these types of drinks, try switching to diet or gradually decreasing the number of sugary drinks you have per day. This alone can help you to lose those pesky 10 pounds.
2. Exercise 30 minutes, 3 days a week. While most doctors recommend getting 30 minutes of moderate exercise every day, this can be daunting for people that don’t exercise at all. If you try to do too much at once, you may hurt yourself or get too tired. Instead, take things in small steps — start by exercising just 3 days a week and work your way up.
3. Eat more veggies. Maybe you’re the type of person that has a burger and fries for lunch and spaghetti for dinner. This doesn’t leave a whole lot of room for your veggies. You should aim to get five servings per day. If you’re not, try gradually sneaking them in — add them to your pizza or make a pasta with lots of veggies. Your taste buds will start to change and you’ll start to want more.
4. Eat some whole grains. If you always eat white bread, white pasta, and white rice, whole grains may not taste “right”. It can take awhile to get used to the change in taste. Try mixing things up a bit. For example, you can cook half white rice and half brown rice, which tends to mitigate the unusual flavor of the brown rice.
5. Don’t take away your favorite food. Ah — there’s something you want to here, right? Undoubtedly, you have some type of favorite food that ends up being “forbidden” when you go on a diet. Because it’s your favorite, you end up craving it and eventually go back to your old ways. You don’t have to give this food up. But you also shouldn’t eat it every day. Plan to eat it and you won’t feel deprived.
6. Get back on track. Hey, we all slip up sometimes. That’s a part of life. When some people slip up, however, they stay that way, going back to their old lifestyle. If you overindulge, don’t beat yourself up over it, but also don’t use it as an excuse to keep overeating. Get back on track starting with the next meal.
These things are all small things that you can start doing today. By taking things just one step at a time, you’ll find that it is much easier to lose weight and keep it off. Soon, all of your friends could be asking you what was your secret to how to lose 10 pounds fast.
Fat Loss 4 Idiots can help you lose weight fast. Just be sure to follow these steps at the same time to help you keep off that weight that you lose!