College Diets: How To Lose Weight In College
A lot of students are looking for college diets to help them lose weight in college. This is a time of big changes. In most cases, there isn’t anyone watching over you. There’s no one to make sure that you’re eating healthy foods or getting in your daily exercise. You make your own schedule and choices. This often leads to the “freshman 15”–a weight gain of 15 pounds. In some, it can lead to even more weight gain.
If you want to lose or maintain your weight in college, you have to learn to make healthier choices. This isn’t always easy, but if you stick to it, you’ll see results. Consider the following tips:
1. Eat breakfast. Too many college students sleep in and roll out of bed for their first morning class. There’s simply no time for breakfast. Unfortunately, by the time you get to lunch, you’re starving, which makes you more likely to overeat. If you have to, keep something easily portable–like a granola bar–in your dorm room to take with you on the way to class. If you can, wake up a bit early to hit the dining hall.
2. Don’t eat dessert with every meal. One of the downsides of cafeteria eating is that there are so many temptations, the biggest of which is dessert served at every meal. Save dessert for one meal a day or special occasions and you’ll save yourself a lot of calories.
3. Make healthy food choices. Eat a salad with each meal, but watch the type of dressing that you use. Choose steamed vegetables as a side dish. Don’t eat foods that are high in fat. If possible, ask the cafeteria if they have nutritional content information about the foods that they serve.
4. Sign up for a PE class. You need to get some exercise in and one way to do it is to sign up for a fitness class. Try something new like yoga or ballet.
5. Hang out with likeminded people. We tend to follow the example set by our peers. If you want to lead a healthy life at college, try to make friends with others that share your interest. If your best friends are “junk food junkies”, then you risk falling into the same habits.
College is an exciting time in your life, but you have to be sure to take good care of your health. The habits that you set now are the ones that will stick with you throughout your whole life, so be careful not to pile on the pounds while you are a student. There is no need to obsess about your weight but stick to simple college diets and you will be setting yourself up for a healthy way of life.
Effortlessly strip away inches from your hard-to-lose problem areas while regularly eating yummy cheat foods on the Cheat Your Way Thin program – click here. Personal trainer Joel Marion reveals the weight loss method you never dreamed possible!